Monday, May 28, 2012

Sunrise Juice

This is my go-to juice in the morning. Who needs an energy drink when this tastes so much better and doesn't leave you feeling jittery afterwards? I always have these ingredients on hand - making it very easy to start my day off right. I really like having ginger with my greens, so why not in my juice too? This juice isn't very sweet, so if you prefer a sweeter juice, add more fruit or honey. Or like I do for husband, I add about 1/4 cup of orange juice to his. 


I have a Huron juicer, which I highly recommend. It's pretty quiet and juices very efficiently. The pulp that is left, is almost dry - meaning the max amount of juice is in the glass. 


I'm going to dedicate a post to juicing in the near future, so keep your eyes peeled. Enjoy your Sunrise Juice! Cheers! 




Sunrise Juice


Cook Time: 0 minutes
Prep Time: < 5 minutes
Serves: 1


Ingredients:

  • 5 pieces of kale (with stems)
  • 2 whole carrots
  • 1/8 inch piece of ginger
  • 1 apple, core removed
  • 1 orange, peel removed

In a juicer, add the ingredients one at a time. Stir the juice before serving. Serve in a nice glass and enjoy the moment :)


No comments:

Post a Comment