Saturday, May 12, 2012

Roasted Summer Squash

Now that it is getting much warmer, fresh produce is in abundance! I went to the farmer's market and got some lovely local summer squash, super inexpensive. My favorite way to eat my veggies is roasted - a little seasoning and let them come to life on their own. I love to taste my food, not mask it. It is a very simple recipe with ingredients most people have on hand. 




Roasted Summer Squash

Cook Time: <30 mins @ 425F
Prep Time: <10 mins
Serves: 4


Ingredients:

  • 3-4 large summer squash, sliced into 1/4 inch thick pieces
  • 1 tsp of olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped



Preheat oven to 425F. In a large bowl toss the squash with the rest of the ingredients. Coat well with the oil and spices. Place in the oven for about 25-30 mins. Stir the squash half way through the cooking process. Try not to over cook, as it can dry out. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely something I would make in my kitchen. Very healthy and satisfying!

    ReplyDelete